In light of the recent Target data breach we have developed the following information for our community.
Despite efforts to protect customers information, breaches can occur at the point-of-sale anywhere.
- All financial institutions and card processors work very hard to protect your data when they use it to process a transaction. However, thieves are always improving their techniques and still find ways to steal data.
- When something like this happens, banks, industry groups, investigators, regulators and law enforcement work together to get a better understanding of what happened in an effort to not only bring the perpetrators to justice, but to prevent another occurrence in the future.
Customers are protected by their banks when these retail point-of-sale breaches happen.
- Regardless of where the breach actually occurred, we are the stewards of our customers financial relationship and take a variety of steps to protect the integrity of our customers accounts including...
*Monitoring accounts for indications of suspicious activity.
*Blocking and reissuing cards for affected account holders.
- The Bank reimburses its customers for confirmed fraudulent transactions.
There are ways customers can assist to improve security.
- Review your account activity regularly. If you see something that appears wrong, contact your Bank right away.
- Review your credit card statements carefully making sure to look for any unauthorized activity. If you see something you suspect is fraud, contact your credit card customer service immediately.
- Obtain a free credit report and review the information, looking for unauthorized account openings.
- If you have any reason to suspect fraud, contact your financial institution right away by phone, your online banking site, or at the branch.
- Customers concerned about the Target breach should consult this Washington Post piece listing five key facts about the breach.
Welcome to the Farmers & Merchants State Bank!
Products and specialized services to fit your financial needs:
- Checking and Savings
- Great rates on CD s and Loans
- SBA and FmHA Loan Programs
Whether you are looking to purchase a car or finance your business or farming operating, Farmers & Merchants State Bank can help.
Our friendly staff has the knowledge and expertise to offer customized financial solutions for all of your lending needs. Contact Us today!
More checks for about half the price! First order must be placed with bank personnel. Reorder your own checks by clicking the reorder link below and save $1.00 per box! Please check out details below!
Click Here for Details about Check Ordering